Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quick Salmon Patties




Ever have those nights where you just don't feel like doing much for dinner? ABSOLUTELY!! If you haven't, I know you are lying or you the Proverbs 31 women that I have yet to meet!! Well, this week has been great but has left me a little more tired than usual in the evenings to keep up on my regular menu plans. I wasn't feeling all that hungry but I knew I still needed to eat and feed the family. This was a great solution for those more 'lazy' nights. This gave us plenty of time to enjoy dinner together and keep to our season premier schedule for NCIS.

Salmon Patties
3 oz canned salmon, drained
2 organic egg whites
1/4 cup oats (not instant and preferrably organic)
1/4 chopped onion
seasonings of choice
**I tripled this recipe for my family.

Beat eggs in bowl and mix all other ingredients together. Combine eggs with salmon mixture and form into patties to grill on an electric skillet with olive oil. These will fall apart if you try and use the regular grill. The smaller the patty the better though I did manage to use our hamburger press. I also added did 1/2 oatmeal and 1/2 almond flour instead of all oatmeal but you can do as you choose. Serve this with lots of fresh veggies....(as you can see I skipped that and did fruit). A great blend of protein, fat, and carbs. I did let my kids eat these on low carb whole wheat buns. This would also taste great on a bed of lettuce or spinach. Be creative! Top with all the fixings you would with a great burger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment