Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dry Rub Burgers



Here is what the Starmers' had for dinner tonight!
Dry Rub Burgers were a hit!

1 1/2 T of chili powder
2 1/4 tsp. of paprika
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. caynenne pepper
1/4 tsp. ground white pepper (I used black)
2 1/2 pounds of grass fed ground beef
sea salt to taste

Mix all dry rub ingredients together and generously rub on both sides of hamburger patties. Grill or pan fry till done.

I enjoyed these patties on a bed of chopped steamed organic broccoli (yep, I ate a whole bag to myself!) with diced organic tomatoes and a few sliced slivered raw almonds. It was awesome! The kids still eat burgers on low carb buns and had steamed corn as well from our garden. I'm not a huge corn fan but I will serve anything to my family that comes from the ground!

FYI - Costco sells economy size bags of Organic Frozen Broccoli for about $6!! What a deal!

This recipe was taken from everdaypaleo.com. Though I am not a firm Paleo believer, they do have many great recipes to mess with!

Enjoy!

1 comment: